Online ASL full Dictionary - Free Sign Language Dictionary
Prior to the development of sign language, deaf individuals often found it difficult to communicate with those who can hear and vice versa. Sign language changed all that, creating a solid and reliable form of communication for use in the deaf community. In the United States, the predominant form of sign language used is American Sign Language (ASL), and there are thousands of different signs in the language to correspond with the thousands of words in American English. This collection of ASL dictionaries is offered to help users find the signs for specific words in American Sign Language.
• A Basic Dictionary of ASL Terms — In this online ASL dictionary, the motion of the sign is described and links to video animations of each sign are also provided.
• ASL Pro — This is an excellent online sign language dictionary that features videos of people making the sign for each word listed on the page. It is great for learning the sign motions.
• Born 2 Sign — Those who want to teach their baby to read and understand simple signs before they can talk will find this dictionary that has videos and descriptions of several different, easy signs to be quite useful. Many parents have learned to communicate with their young children using basic signs from American Sign Language.
• Embe Outreach — Unlike many other ASL dictionaries that are found online, this dictionary groups words under several different vocational- and science-based categories.
• Fingerspelling Practice — Learn and review words made by signing each letter of the word individually on this fun page/fingerspelling dictionary.
• Handspeak Dictionary — The ASL visual dictionary with videos of ASL signs is just one of the many American Sign Language resources on Handspeak.com.
• Lifeprint ASL Dictionary — The Lifeprint.com dictionary contains still photos of all the various steps in signing a specific word, so it is a good resource for those who want a clear idea of all that is involved in communicating a word in American Sign Language.
• Medical ASL Words — Healthcare professionals will especially appreciate this unique ASL dictionary that shows users how to sign common words and phrases that are used to communicate with deaf patients.
• Oracle ASL Dictionary — Sign language students created this categorized dictionary of American Sign Language containing some of the most basic words that people use each day. Still pictures of each sign are given, along with drawings of each step involved in making the word in American Sign Language.
• Religious Words in ASL — Here is a good church-based page that gives the signs for terms referring to Christian doctrines, denominations, biblical figures, and much more.
• Signing Savvy — The best thing about this visual dictionary of American Sign Language is that users can enter the word they want to find in the search field and get a video of the sign to watch.
• Start American Sign Language Dictionary — This is a good basic ASL visual dictionary online that also contains signs that can be taught to babies.